RN/LPN Team Leader
Position duties to include:
- Direct, monitor and provide nursing care to assigned team. Organize, delegate and oversee duties of the C.N.A. rendering care to the residents and follow-up as necessary.
- Takes walking report from the preceding shift. Gives report to the oncoming shift. To ensure all residents are accounted for and staff assigned to a unit are present and emergency equipment is available.
- Coordinates C.N.A. assignment sheets, gives report to C.N.A.’s, receives report from C.N.A.’s prior to shift end and mid-shift. PRN Rounds with C.N.A.’s to ensure assignment completion.
- Supervises, directs, and assists C.N.A.’s assigned to team as needed. Completes 24 hour report sheet one half hour prior to end of shift.
- Passes medications to assigned residents per physician order. Orders medications as needed.
- Takes vital signes per facility protocol and physician order.
- Performs treatments on assigned residents per physician order.
- Initiates and completes incident reports and ensures appropriate follow up action is taken. All accidents/incidents are reported to nurse manager/supervisor upon occurrence.
- Documents as per facility protocol. Updates resident assignments as assigned by nurse manager.
- Communicates pertinent information to nurse manager and other disciplines as indicated.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current NYS License.
- Prefer experience in Long Term Care.
- RN w/BSN a plus!