Laurel Way Memory Care
The Memory Care Neighborhood at Laurel Way, specializing in supporting individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia, is a brand new, small, boutique-like environment with just eight apartment homes.
Our Approach to Memory Care
The Memory Care Neighborhood at Laurel Way is so much more than a safe and caring environment. It is rooted in a person-centered approach. This means we help your loved one find a sense of belonging and purpose while also helping them preserve who they are.
You, as well as our team, want your loved one to hold onto who they’ve always been, regardless of memory loss.
Within our intimate Memory Care Neighborhood, we keep each community member connected to what they love. Our philosophy is to empower all our residents to live life as THEY know it; meeting them where they are on their journey, and living with them in the moment.
The physical environment supports this approach with opportunities for residents to help in the kitchen and enjoy the outdoors on the patio, to name a few.
Call Laurel Way at The Highlands at Pittsford
Activities and Meaningful Moments
Activities are designed by a dedicated Life Enrichment Team, ensuring that residents remain as active and involved as they want to be every day of the week, and evenings too. Family members and friends are welcome to participate in scheduled, as well as impromptu, events and activities.
As we know, some of the best times in life aren’t planned. There are plenty of opportunities for meaningful moments, such as enjoying coffee with each other on the patio, baking dessert for the evening, or setting the table together.
Here, residents stay engaged with a gentle daily structure of planned activities to help them maintain their abilities and encourage the use of their current skills.
Along with our programming, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that our staff includes two Registered Nurses and that trained staff members are on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Life at Laurel Way Memory Care Neighborhood
- Eight specially-designed apartment homes
- A dedicated living room
- An open kitchen with a communal dining table where residents enjoy time together
- Meal time is an opportunity to offer healthy menu choices and create a sense of belonging. Your loved one will enjoy dementia-friendly menus with familiar and easy-to-manage selections. In addition, residents always have the option of dining in the main Laurelwood Dining Room.
- Laurel Way residents enjoy The Highlands’ park-like campus
- Medication management ensures proper timing and dispensing
- Medications can be ordered and delivered to Laurel Way when using The Highlands‘ preferred pharmacies
- The Highlands’ fleet of luxury cars and drivers are available to take residents where they need to go
- Our exceptional team does weekly apartment cleaning and daily tidying
- Laurel Way is the only Assisted Living facility in the area with two Registered Nurses on staff
Meet Your Highlands at Pittsford Hosts
One Campus. All Levels of Care.
Laurel Way Memory Care residents have priority access to the full continuum of care including Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care at The Living Center.