Speech-Language Pathologist- Per Diem
Weekday Per Diem- for The Highlands at Brighton and the Highlands Living Center
* Perform comprehensive evaluations within the next working day of referral.
* Develop and implement an appropriate treatment program with measurable, objective, realistic short and
long-term goals based upon evaluation data.
* Re-evaluates resident’s functional status progressively, to ensure that treatment program goals are
appropriate to residents’ current needs. Adjusts treatment goals and activities accordingly.
* Consistently demonstrates safe resident care techniques.
* Recommends, implements and updates feeding recommendations and communication instructions.
* Maintain legible, complete records of residents’ evaluations, progress notes and discharge notes in the
SOS system and the residents’ charts.
* Work as an integral part of the rehabilitation team to meet resident needs. This includes working within
the departmental team as well as resident/family instruction, physician/nurse practitioner contact, and
contact with involved health professionals.
* Attend scheduled family and clinical meetings as work schedule allows.
* Attend continuing education courses/ seminars as appropriate with follow-up in-services to the
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: BA or BS in Communication Disorders with an MA or MS in Speech Pathology. Geriatric rehabilitation
experience preferred. CFY Proof of Completed Clinical Fellowship Year. CCC Certificate of Clinical Competence. ASHA
American Speech/Language Association.
Pay Rate: $50.00 per hour
The Highlands at Pittsford is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.