Culinary Assistant- Prep & Production, Full Time and Part Time Available!
The Highlands Living Center has an exciting opening for a Culinary Assistant. Seeking someone that would also assist with prep and food production for our residents. Full Time & Part-Time shifts available. Must be available every other weekend.
- Must work in all areas of the food service department, including pots and pans, dish-room, starter, entrée, cold foods, beverage, food court, and nourishment positions.
- Assist in food preparation thickening beverages, pouring beverages, dishes, cleaning, etc., according to production pages and assignment.
- Knowledge and adherence to all State and Federal regulations
- Knowledge and adherence to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, preparation, and serving of food.
- Complete tray line cleaning/closing report according to the assignment.
- Comply with department policies and procedures.
- Be aware of materials Safety and Data Sheets and all the chemicals used in the department.
Qualifications: Must possess a high school diploma or GED; Serve Safe certification helpful; Previous work experience in a kitchen, preferably in long-term care facility very helpful. *Must be COVID-19 vaccinated.
The Highlands at Pittsford is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.