Assistant Dining Room Manager 20181
ASSISTANT DINING ROOM MANAGER
The Highlands at Pittsford has exciting job opportunities available for individuals interested in a food service career with an established organization. The Highlands at Pittsford, a premier senior community, is comprised of 230 residential apartments located at 100 Hahnemann Trail, Pittsford, NY.
Job Summary: The primary responsibilities of the Assistant Dining Room Manager are to assist the Dining Room Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Front of the House in our formal restaurant settings while supervising a small group of servers; to ensure resident and guest satisfaction, by leading the wait staff and serving meals in a professional, friendly and efficient manner; to create and maintain an atmosphere of cordiality, provide personal attention and positive customer service; to assist with set up, service, and execution of special events; demonstrate leadership skills; provide coaching and mentoring to all staff to achieve excellence; collaborate with other departments and management to continuously improve quality and overall experience of our residents and customers; maintain a customer focus treating all customers with respect and integrity; to assist the Dining Room Manager in operating the restaurant in a manner that will achieve organizational objectives, provide exceptional guest satisfaction, and provide a friendly and enthusiastic work environment for all team members.
Minimum Requirements: Minimum experience of 3 years as Lead Server. Supervisory experience preferred. HS Diploma or GED required.
Shift(s): Full –Time 40 hours per week Mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends
Job Functions: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position as listed below (signified by an asterisk), need to identify within Performance Outcomes.
However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains communication between Dining Room Manager, Fine Dining Director, Executive Chef, Special Events Coordinator, Bistro Chef, dining room staff, residents, guests and administrators.
- Reports all problems to Dining Room Manager.
- Trains dining room staff in formal food service and manners including wine service to staff 18 years and older.
- In the absence of the Dining Room Manager, provides direct supervision of on-duty staff, dealing with performance issues as necessary.
- Assists with scheduling of wait staff and fills in as needed. Makes calls to staff to fill schedule in the case of short staffing.
- Maintains high level of motivation and morale of staff.
- Maintains dining room appearance; environment, tranquility, and pleasant surroundings.
- Assists with special functions and the set-up of special functions maintaining a close working relationship with Special Events Coordinator.
- Serves as Maître de as needed, takes reservations, greets and communicates with guests throughout the time they are dining to know if they are pleased with the food and service.
- Resolves any problems that may occur and can be handled quietly so as not to interrupt other diners.
- Answers telephone, takes reservations and plans seating arrangements.
- Keeps Director of Fine Dining and Dining Room Manager informed as to guests and residents’ special needs and or trends.
- Assigns stations to wait staff and conducts daily pre-meal meeting with all staff. Reviews menus, specials, special reservations, and other daily happenings.
- Types cheat-sheets for staff which includes the daily menu.
- Prints menus and distributes to residents and staff.
- Works closely with Special Events Coordinator and Fine Dining Manger creating menus, place cards, and other signage for service.
- Interprets department policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, family members, etc. as necessary.
- Assists in developing methods for determining quality and quantity of food served with Executive Chef.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all menu times including ingredients, cooking time, menu specifications, how items are prepared, special and alternatives.
- Inspects stations for complete and proper set up of tables and serving areas at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Performs closing duties to include oversight of all food service areas during the conclusion of service and also completing a thorough check list at the conclusion of service and before staff leaves for the day.
- Balance guest checks and billing.
- Delegate or set up appetizers, salads, or other food needs deemed necessary by the Executive Chef.
- Maintain POS system in regards to accurately inputting resident meals on daily basis.
- Program daily specials into digital signage, working closely with Executive Chef for proper verbiage of menu items.
- Ensures that the highest level of hospitality and service is provided to guests at all times.
- Ensures compliance with established DOH food standards, food quality and presentation.
- Prepares and maintains personnel records, team member schedules, financial and administrative reports.
- Ensures all company operational procedures for the dining room, service area and kitchen are adhered to.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Responsible for decision making in the following areas:
- Team member position assignments
- Purchases in accordance with established inventory levels and budgets.
- All those decisions required to effectively execute shift operations at a fine dining level.
- Perform other duties as assigned within scope of practice
We offer a great work environment w/ an outstanding team. Benefits are available for Part-time (20+ hour) positions. Apply on-line www.highlandsatpittsford.org
100 Hahnemann Trail, Pittsford NY 14534 or Qualified candidates complete Employment Questionnaire online & upload resume to www.highlandsatpittsford.org.
Highlands at Pittsford is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity