Consulting Dietitian- Temporary
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure and provide nutritional supervision, and consultation for all residents.
This is a temporary position, for about 10 to 12 hours per week.
Responsible for nutritional assessment, documentation, and education of all residents as directed by physician orders, departmental policy and procedure, and staff recommendations with regard to the resident’s needs and preferences.
- Oversees ongoing, timely documentation and follow-up of the residents’ nutritional care plan.
- Assists the residents with understanding diets, and making food choices/menu planning.
- Provides observation of monthly weights, notifies the resident’s physician of significant changes, and documents weight, and follows up on the resident’s record.
- Provides nutritional education and in-services to residents and staff as requested.
- Provides dining room observation as needed.
- Maintains knowledge and adherence to all State and Federal Regulations.
- Maintains knowledge and adherence to all sanitary conditions.
- Maintains working consultant relationship with the Dietary department.
Required Education & Experience:
Must be a registered Dietician. Must have a BS or MS with major studies in Food and Nutrition Services.
Management. A member or eligible for membership in the American Dietetic Association with a minimum of 1 year of experience in clinical nutrition/geriatric nutrition in a Long Term Care facility. Must be familiar with MDS, and NYSDOH standards. Must be able to deal respectfully with staff, residents, visitors, and other health care providers. Must have a working knowledge of computers and automated healthcare information systems. Must have good communication skills, verbal and written. Must have good interpersonal skills.
Must participate in annual continuing dietetic education.
Pay Range: $25-37.50 per hour
The Highlands at Pittsford is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.