- Direct, monitor an dprovide nursing care to assigned team. Organize, delegate and oversee duties or the C.N.A. rendering care to the resident and follow-up as necessary.
- Takes a walking report from the preceding shift. Gives report to the oncoming shift. To ensure all residents are accounted for and staff assigned to unit are present and emergency equipment is available.
- Coordinates C.N.A. assignment sheets, gives report to C.N.A’s, receives report from C.N.A.’s prior to shift end and mid-shift. PRN Rounds with C.N.A.’s to ensure assignment completion.
- Supervises, directs, and assists C.N.A.’s and L.P.N.’s assigned to team as needed. Completes 24 hour report sheet one half hour prior to end of shift.
- Passes medications to assigned residents per physician order. Orders medications as needed.
- Takes vital signs per facility protocol and physician order.
- Performs treatments on assigned residents per physician order.
- Initiates and completes incident reports and ensures appropriate follow-up action is taken. All accidents/incidents are reported to nurse manager/supervisor upon occurrence.
- Documents as per facility protocol. Updates resident assessments as assigned by nurse manager.
- Communicates pertinent information to nurse manager and other disciplines as indicated.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Current NYS R.N. License.
- Experience in Long Term Care preferred.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the community.
- Basic mathematical abilities.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with emergency situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.