Position duties to include:
- Providing and/or assisting residents in all activities of daily living as per individuals care plans.
- Encourage the residents to function at his/her maximum level by assisting in restorative techniques and encouraging as much independence as possible.
- Attend all mandatory in-services per code, six C.N.A meetings a year and complete required hours of educational in-services to maintain certification.
- Maintain appropriate records adhering to established policies, procedures, and regulations of nursing homes.
- Assist in the transport of residents to activities off unit, hairdresser, etc.
- Pass meal trays, assist feeding residents, and monitor meals as per policy. Pass water pitcher and nourishment. Record meal consumption, record I & O.
- Maintain the resident’s room and supplies in a neat manner.
- Lifts and transfers residents as per individual care plans.
- Maintain work area and ensure equipment are kept clean and orderly.
- Work with supervisor and other members of the work group in planning and building an effective team.
- Instructions are followed, work schedules and standards are met without close supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a NYS approved Certified Nursing Assistant program and listed as active and current on the NYS Nurse Aide Registry (Must have certificate).
- Prefer previous Nursing Assistant experience.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the community.
- Basic mathematical abilities.